Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Birthday Specials

no avatar
User

Bedford Crenshaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

Jeffersonville, Indiana

Birthday Specials

by Bedford Crenshaw » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:25 am

What sort of specials do local restaurants have when someone who's celebrating their birthday comes in. Beef O'Brady's offer a free meal. I know on occassional I''ve gotten a free dessert for my birthday at restaurants in the past, but I don't remember which.
Have you hugged your penguin today?
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Birthday Specials

by Deb Hall » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:39 am

Interesting coincidence. I'm on the Louisville Originals mailing list and got a "Birthday Message" just this morning. :) (Not mine, it's Brian's). According to the e-mail, you get a "Birthday Treat" if you go to any Louisville Originals restaurant with the coupon and order an entree during your birthday month.

Deb
no avatar
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:10 am

If you join Famous Dave's P.I.G. club (Pretty Important Guest), they send you a email before your birthday which is good for a free appetizer, entree or dessert. http://www.famousdaves.com/pigclub.cfm

And I grew up here and remember getting a free fish sandwich at Kingfish on our birthdays. I assume they still do that.

Lois
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:51 am

While the standard seems to be either a free appetizer or (more commonly) a free dessert, I've also gotten a free dinner (with - depending on place - either one or three paid dinners). At all the restaurants I like, if they have a "club" I join it, and there are a wide range of "deals" that we do take advantage of!

In other words, I'd say it's fair to say that the majority of places give you something, but while dessert may be the most common there is no standard. And, join Lou Originals and the restaurant clubs - I'd guess they're happier giving you a freebie if they know you're a customer of theirs!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:21 pm

I want the wait-staff to sing, beat a drum, and bring me a piece of pie with a candle in it - just like Chi Chi's used to do.

:roll:
no avatar
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

by Jessica H » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:48 pm

At Sweet Surrender, you can sign up for our Birthday Club. We send out a postcard for a free slice of cake that can be redeemed any time during the month of your birthday. If you are not yet a member and you come in, we'll still honor it and get you to sign up for next year. We do have candles available upon request.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am

by Holly C » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm definitely joining the Sweet Surrender club!

Cold Stone and Baskin Robbins both have birthday clubs for free ice cream.

The Louisville Originals is a good one -- you get a free treat at any L.O. with the certificate, and Baxter Station sends you an additional certificate! The treat at Baxter Station and the Bristol is a dessert (from past experience), but we went to Irish Rover this year and ordered dessert thinking it would be free, but got an XL L.O. tshirt instead (I'm definitely a small). A bad assumption on our part, so I'll definitely ask in the future! All the food was great, though -- I got the lamb-stuffed cabbage and the trifle.

Qdoba's birthday club gives you a buy one, get one certificate.

And I think Buca di Beppo gives you something as well... can't remember, I'm not on their mailing list anymore.
no avatar
User

Connie F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:11 am

East Side

by Connie F » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:33 am

I got my birthday slice of cake from Sweet Surrender on Friday. It was delicious.. as always. Yummy!
no avatar
User

Bobby R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:32 am

by Bobby R » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:44 pm

If you register on Old Chicago's website they will send you a coupon for a free medium one topping pizza for your birthday.
no avatar
User

Bedford Crenshaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Bedford Crenshaw » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:23 am

Holly Cummings wrote:The Louisville Originals is a good one -- you get a free treat at any L.O. with the certificate, and Baxter Station sends you an additional certificate! The treat at Baxter Station and the Bristol is a dessert (from past experience), but we went to Irish Rover this year and ordered dessert thinking it would be free, but got an XL L.O. tshirt instead (I'm definitely a small). A bad assumption on our part, so I'll definitely ask in the future! All the food was great, though -- I got the lamb-stuffed cabbage and the trifle.

Yeah, I got that one. Not sure which one I'd want to bother going to, as I don't like paying too much for meals and kind alike to know what to expect from such places.

B.D.s Mongolian Barbeque, which is coming to Louisville, has free stir-fry for one's birthday if you join their e-mail club, good from a week before to a week after one's birthday.

Don Pablo's has $10 off for one's birthday, if you join their club.

Famous Dave's also does the email thing, but you won't know what you get free until you get there. It ranges from dessert (all of which suck), appetizer, or even a full dinner.

Buckhead's does email for appetizer.

When I went to Beef O'Brady's up on the Knobs, I got a rib combo dinner for free. They have great ribs; perhaps my favorite.
Have you hugged your penguin today?
no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

by Jenny H » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Red Robin will give you a coupon for a free burger. That is a pretty good deal since their burgers tend to be pricey!