Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

LEO/LHB: Four people drove up the hill ...

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:19 am

LEO's Eats with Louisville HotBytes

So the other night, four people drove up a hill in Southern Indiana to enjoy a classy evening of fine Indiana wine and upscale cuisine.

What's the punch line? Get ready for it ...

OK, there isn't any punch line. This is no joke. It's no surprise to find a touch of comfortable class at RockWall Bistro. Long known for its lovely setting tucked into an old rock quarry on the Floyds Knobs hills high above Louisville, RockWall has kicked things up a notch or two under Chef Alex Bomba, who arrived last summer.

When I heard RockWall was hosting a special evening tasting of the wines from nearby Huber Winery - another unsung and under-recognized Southern Indiana institution - I figured there was no better time to check out what Ted Huber is doing at the winery and Chef Bomba at the restaurant, all in one tasty go.

In its early years, RockWall built a reputation for a certain Cajun and Creole style, but that's long gone. Bomba has built an eclectic, upscale American menu with no hint of a Louisiana accent. If anything, he's a locavore, taking full advantage of produce, cheese and meats from local providers.

RockWall Bistro
3426 Paoli Pike
Floyds Knobs, Ind.
(812) 948-1705
http://www.rockwallbistro.com
Robin Garr's rating: 88 points

Full reports in LEO and on LouisvilleHotBytes.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

Re: LEO/LHB: Four people drove up the hill ...

by Shawn Vest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:01 pm

haven't been there in a while, but always good every time i have been
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699