Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New wings place: Buffalo Wings & Rings

no avatar
User

Aaron Thomas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

Highlands

New wings place: Buffalo Wings & Rings

by Aaron Thomas » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:07 pm

It looks like another wings place is going to be opening sometime soon here in Louisville: Buffalo Wings & Rings, a chain with over 70 locations nationwide. It'll be located at 2610 Chamberlain Lane. I'm not sure when it will open, but I would guess late April or May.

Here is their website: http://www.buffalowingsandrings.com/index.html. They have a fairly expansive menu. My desire for wings is never satiated, so I'm always happy to see new pub grub make its way to our city.
no avatar
User

lindabenz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:03 pm

Eastern Jefferson County

Re: New wings place: Buffalo Wings & Rings

by lindabenz » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:48 pm

Corporate headquarters is in the Cincy area.
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Anyone know more? That is close to me... but map.google.com is showing an area where I can't think of an open space. Unless it is going into the same shopping center as New Direction. Across the street is a vacant lot that is being advertised available, but that wouldn't meet the time line suggested above.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:39 pm

Scott Hack wrote:Anyone know more? That is close to me... but map.google.com is showing an area where I can't think of an open space. Unless it is going into the same shopping center as New Direction. Across the street is a vacant lot that is being advertised available, but that wouldn't meet the time line suggested above.

I just look up the address for New Direction Bar & Grill and it's 2630 Chamberlain Lane so the wings place has got to be going into this same plaza or maybe an outbuilding on that site. As you said based on the timeline I'd bet is going into an existing building which means in the plaza.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:15 pm

Aaron Thomas wrote:It looks like another wings place is going to be opening sometime soon here in Louisville: Buffalo Wings & Rings, a chain with over 70 locations nationwide. It'll be located at 2610 Chamberlain Lane. I'm not sure when it will open, but I would guess late April or May.

Here is their website: http://www.buffalowingsandrings.com/index.html. They have a fairly expansive menu. My desire for wings is never satiated, so I'm always happy to see new pub grub make its way to our city.

I love wings as well and am always on the lookout for new ones. We'll see how this place measures up. If it is where you said it will be located, that's awesome. I live about 1.3482 miles from there.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Aaron Thomas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

Highlands

by Aaron Thomas » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:31 am

Mark R. wrote:
Scott Hack wrote:Anyone know more? That is close to me... but map.google.com is showing an area where I can't think of an open space. Unless it is going into the same shopping center as New Direction. Across the street is a vacant lot that is being advertised available, but that wouldn't meet the time line suggested above.

I just look up the address for New Direction Bar & Grill and it's 2630 Chamberlain Lane so the wings place has got to be going into this same plaza or maybe an outbuilding on that site. As you said based on the timeline I'd bet is going into an existing building which means in the plaza.

It is likely that it'll be going into a pre-existing out-building in the plaza. I'm not certain about the timeline, but I can tell you that the project is bidding out to contractors in mid-March. 2630 Chamberlain Lane is the address shown on the blueprints for the project, so I'm fairly certain that is correct.
no avatar
User

Jen S

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:24 pm

by Jen S » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:17 pm

This restaurant will be at the opposite end of New Direction in the same Center. It should be up and running by mid June. They have a range of food from "Tuesday 40cent wings, to Thursday 75cent full tenders, to grilled chicken salad, wraps, turkey burgers, greek gyros, etc. It should be something that everyone will love. I'm looking forward to the opening.
no avatar
User

Jen S

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:24 pm

by Jen S » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:02 am

Wow,
I can't wait for a new BWR to open in that location. I have been to several and I can't tell you enough how good the food is and how much fin it is to eat there. Thanks for all the info. I will keep my eyes open for the signs...

OB1
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Right around the corner from me....