Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sweet Peas Southern Closing today

no avatar
User

Chris Hutton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:07 pm

louisville

Sweet Peas Southern Closing today

by Chris Hutton » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:26 pm

I am sorry to announce that Sweet Peas Southern is closing today. We want to thank all of our patrons and workers for their support.

Regretfully
Chris Hutton
no avatar
User

RG/Mobile

{ RANK }

Forum host

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:02 am

Could be anywhere!

Re: Sweet Peas Southern Closing today

by RG/Mobile » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:49 pm

Chris Hutton wrote:I am sorry to announce that Sweet Peas Southern is closing today. We want to thank all of our patrons and workers for their support.

Regretfully
Chris Hutton

Very sorry to hear this, Chris. Best wishes on your next venture, and please keep us informed.
no avatar
User

Elliot Bottomley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:42 pm

St. Matthews

by Elliot Bottomley » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:57 pm

What the?? Sorry Chris. Let me know where you go buddy
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:50 pm

How sad.......I hate to see an "Original" go away.

Best of Luck Chris!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Not to be the devil's advocate, but wasn't Sweet Pea's just asking for help last Friday on one of the other forums? Something isn't right here.

Well, the mystery deepens. The post asking for servers that was posted on 2/22/08 has now disappeared. Something is definitely afoot.

I hope this post will not be deleted and that our admin will fill us in on the real deal.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Doogy R wrote:Not to be the devil's advocate, but wasn't Sweet Pea's just asking for help last Friday on one of the other forums? Something isn't right here.

Well, the mystery deepens. The post asking for servers that was posted on 2/22/08 has now disappeared. Something is definitely afoot.

I hope this post will not be deleted and that our admin will fill us in on the real deal.

Don't be paranoid. I took down the post asking for servers because the closing of the restaurant made it a little bit extraneous, don't you think?
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:49 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Not to be the devil's advocate, but wasn't Sweet Pea's just asking for help last Friday on one of the other forums? Something isn't right here.

Don't be paranoid. I took down the post asking for servers because the closing of the restaurant made it a little bit extraneous, don't you think?

Like there has never been an extraneous post on this board?

I may possibly be a bit paranoid, but I have seen other posts disappear over the years, including some of mine. I actually saw a person disappear on the OLD board.

But enough. It is very unfortunate to lose another Original, for whatever reason. :cry:
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:54 pm

Doogy R wrote:I may possibly be a bit paranoid, but I have seen other posts disappear over the years, including some of mine. I actually saw a person disappear on the OLD baord.

I try to avoid censoring unless it's absolutely necessary, but on very rare occasion I will eliminate a post because of spam or instances of what I consider exceptional rudeness. Or, in a case like the Sweet Peas Southern "help wanted" announcement, because it's a bit embarrassing to leave up a post of that type from a restaurant that unfortunately had to close. I am not inviting your comment on this and would just as soon not have it.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:22 pm

I think someone needs a big hug.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:46 am

This news sucks...Sweet Peas was actually very good. I don't know why they didn't hit like I thought they would. That said, a huge part of me longs for Furlong's to come back....I miss that restaurant so much...they were original and a great addition to Frankfort Ave. I really feel that they would thrive if they came back, though I don't see it whatsoever.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:13 am

^ you never know. Their Lexington location has opened again, and seems to be doing well...