Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wesport General Store

no avatar
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 am

Highlands

Wesport General Store

by Allison Williams » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:00 pm

This is a mini review so my descriptions are not going to be as creative as some of our talented forumn writers. ;) Saturday we had a birthday dinner for my mother at Wesport General Store and it was wonderful! They were busy but definitely made sure our visit was special. We started off with Artichoke Fritters and Baby Hotbrowns. The Fritters were crispy and absolutely delightful though I wish we had just a little more of the sweet chili sauce for dipping and the Hot Browns, true to classic form but miniature version were perfect starters to our dinners. I had Aunt Paula's Chicken; pan seared and sliced chicken with a sweet creamy tomato sauce served over angel hair pasta. I don't know about most when eating angel hair pasta but it usually seems like there is no end to it. :P My sister-in law had the teriyaki glazed salmon and cleaned her plate. My brother had the bison burger cooked medium and said it was the most flavorful burger he had ever eaten. (I had the bison ribeye med/rare my previous visit and hands down it was one of the best I have had) My mother and friend both had the Snapper special. They like the fish, it was cooked perfectly but they also said the rice bedding was a bit overpowering considering the portion of fish served atop and they said most of the flavor and spice seemed to come from the rice and so the dish was a bit confusing. There was a bluegrass band in the background and conversation was a bit reserved because of the volume of the band but I knew this when making the reservation. The band was fun and created a real down home, comfortable atmosphere and certainly was a treat. THANKS to WILL & STAFF for a great evening. If you haven't had a chance to venture to Wesport General Store it is a treat and really not that far from "the city". http://www.westportgeneralstore.com/
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci