Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

unique Sat. or Sun. brunch?

no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

unique Sat. or Sun. brunch?

by Sallie P. » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Are there any restaurants that serves unique Sat. or Sun. brunch? My son loved Azalea's Sunday brunch, does any one serve something similar? We have been to Wild Eggs, Toast, Winston's and Lynn's. He is o.k. with buffet type if it is something different from the norm, but definitely prefers to sit down and order something unique.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: unique Sat. or Sun. brunch?

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:58 pm

sallie p. wrote:Are there any restaurants that serves unique Sat. or Sun. brunch? My son loved Azalea's Sunday brunch, does any one serve something similar? We have been to Wild Eggs, Toast, Winston's and Lynn's. He is o.k. with buffet type if it is something different from the norm, but definitely prefers to sit down and order something unique.

211 Clover has an exceptionally stylish menu brunch - it won't leave you bloated like a buffet, but it's a very pleasant experience.

And for a completely different experience, if you like Asian cuisine, dim sum at Jade Palace!
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:07 pm

It's not a buffet, and we don't open until 11 am, but we have what I call "blunch" at Cafe Lou Lou on Sundays. That usually means our regular menu plus "breakfast-y" specials like eggs benedict or Bacon & Egg wraps or BLT wraps and hash browns, as well as bartenders well-prepared for and well-versed in Bloody Marys and other remedy-style cocktails.

Sometimes when I have the day off we like to go there and tie one back on while watching a game. :wink:
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 pm

If you have never been to Holly Hill Inn in Midway, you must try it. They do Saturday and Sunday brunch. It's a very cute place and the food is wonderful. They do a three course brunch, you pick your choices for each course. You can view their menu on their website.

I also enjoyed the brunch at the old Cafe Emilie, although I admit that I haven't been back since the big change.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Limestone has a very nice Sunday Brunch........it's very unique, and a buffet, but I've never left it dissatisfied.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:40 pm

If you're looking for a menu brunch with unusual items, try North End Cafe . . . wonderful place with different items (and the menu is on-line, if I remember right)
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

James Wise

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:11 am

Louisville KY

by James Wise » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:55 pm

I've always enjoyed brunch at the Patron. It can be a little pricey but is worth every penny. If you get there after 1pm you can have one of Ambers amazing Bloody Marys.