Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Park Place

no avatar
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

St. Matthews

Park Place

by Becca MacGilvray » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Last night, my husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Park Place for our anniversary. Everything from the service to the cocktails to the bread and butter was exquisite!! We started with the Smoked Trout appetizer that was delicious--I even loved the pickled beets! Then our server, Byron, brought us Blue Dog bakery bread with three different types of butter. My favorite was a butter with pear and pineapple glaze (there is a better name for this but honestly, it escapes me at this moment. My husband had a half bottle of the D cubed Red Zin that was delicious and I enjoyed one or two (okay, three) Kentucky Mules. A Kentucky Mule includes Woodford Reserve, mint, lime, ginger and ginger ale and was possibly one of the best mixed drinks I have ever had! I am seriously paying a price for them today! I was a little foggy all day at work today and I can thank those fantastic cocktails for that! Anyway, for dinner, I had the horseradish encrusted Salmon and holy cow, I could seriously go for another serving right now. The Salmon was cooked perfectly and was a very large piece of fish. It was wonderful. Hubby had the Strip Steak with the tobacco onions and brussel sprouts which he said were the best he ever had. For dessert, some friends of ours at the bar sent us a medley of (I think) a mini creme brulee, a mini chocolate torte and a mini carrot cake. They were all perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better ending. I loved that Park Place uses so many locally owned and locally grown items and our server, Byron, was very knowledgable about where each individual item came from. Overall, it was great and I totally recommend it for a special night out!
no avatar
User

Trevor Semones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:38 pm

clarksville In

Re: Park Place

by Trevor Semones » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:21 pm

My wife and I will be going there for our anniversary, and I can't wait. Sounds sublime.
A Kentucky Mule is in my near future.

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker"
quote Ogden Nash

Trevor Semones G.M Strattos
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Re: Park Place

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:46 am

Is that a variation on the old Moscow Mule cocktail?
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana