Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

1 million dollar restaurant on Frankfort Ave.

by Doogy R » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:22 pm

This sounds like a super addition the the Frankfort Avenue corridor.

$1 million restaurant planned for Frankfort Avenue
Varanese Restaurant would be at 2106 Frankfort Ave.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... /704040614
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:41 pm

check page 2 of the upscale casual fine dining thread.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Oops.

by Doogy R » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:18 pm

So sorry.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Oops.

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:38 am

Doogy R wrote:So sorry.

No need for apologies ... it's probably better to have major news items in a new thread with their own headline anyway.

Despite the guy's name, it does not appear that this is to be an Italian restaurant: "Varanese's menu would feature such items as grilled salmon with carmelized orange sauce over cream-cheese grits or pecan-encrusted mahi."

Probably just as well - taking on Volare from nearby quarters in the same general niche would be a bad idea ...
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:01 pm

We've been members of the Cardinal Club for some time now and have had many opportunities to enjoy John's creations. His crab cakes are the best I've had in Louisville! One night I was carrying on about them, and he sent home a nice doggy bag for me. He will be sorely missed at the club, as I think he's one of the best CC chefs out there. He's also young, innovative and a super nice guy.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:13 pm

On the other thread someone suggested that Varanese needed to buy the parking lot across the street. Therein lies the problem. There is a cross access/parking agreement signed between the owners of Fabulous Finds and the owner of the (former) Red Lounge property. Red Lounge property guarantees 15 parking spaces to Fab Finds and by agreement to Nancy's who rents the front portion of the Fab Finds bldg. Fab Finds guarantees 15 parking spaces for the use of the Red Lounge property.

Fab Finds is open 11-4 p.m., Nancy's early until about 3 I believe. Red Lounge opened at 5 until late. Sooo, the parking agreement worked beautifully. During the day when Fab and Nancy's needed more parking, patrons could use the unused parking at Red.

In the evening when Fab and Nancy's are closed, the Red patrons could use the parking at Fab and Nancy's.

Varanese proposes to be open 5 until late, pretty much the hours of Red Lounge. Everything should be fine you're thinking, right? The previous parking Agreement, which still has many years to run (its a legal contract, not just a handshake agreement) should still work, right?

With the planned addition to the Red Lounge bldg, there are no longer 15 parking spaces, and therefore things fall apart. The Agreement specifies that 15 parking spaces must be available.

And that's the problem.