Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: General question for fans of Primo

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:35 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:Last time I was at Primo, they were using a good evoo. The only thing I want to add to that is maybe a pinch of salt.

I love Primo, but for the record, that oil-in-a-dish thing seems to be American, not Italian. Over there, in my expereience, you get butter with your bread.

I think the oil with bread is a Sicilian thing, but American or not, I don't like adulterating good olive oil with a bunch of seasoning.

Some people love adulteration. I am one of them.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Personally love PB with my BD bread. Is that adult enough?
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 pm

Just don't say "FU". Okay.
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:41 pm

It just may be another Friday night dinner at Primo for us. I don't normally eat the bread though. I try to save room for Gelato and coffee.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:20 am

AshleyChesman wrote:
carla griffin wrote:I wonder how flour going up 500% in the last few months will effect the usual bread offerings. It's got to be hurting our bakeries.

Hey Carla,

I'm sure it's hurting the bakeries, but it's hurting everyone else too. I just found out that my #1 distributor will start adding a fuel charge to EACH delivery starting next month---wanna guess how much? SEVEN dollars. I understand that fuel is expensive, and I'm not so much against a charge-----but I think there should be limits, and exceptions. We get a delivery AT LEAST three, sometimes four, sometimes five days a week. I'll have to raise my prices....especially when we (small, independents) don't have as deep pockets as the chains, I can't just take the hit. It's a sad thing...some of my customers just don't understand. My favorite is, "When you were on Brownsboro Road, that was X dollars!" Well, when we were on Brownsboro Road, that was FIVE years ago, and I could fill up my twelve gallon tank for under twenty bucks....ahhhh....those were the days:)

Ashley I feel your pain. We stopped using that same distributor because of the charge and moved over to GFS. SWS is also charging for deliveries. I took all of their wine off my list. It is hard to get that charge back.
Will Crawford
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:39 am

Doogy R wrote:Some people love adulteration. I am one of them.

I do too with some types of oil. The last time I was at Carrabba's I wiped the plate clean!
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

by Dan L. » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Amy A wrote:...I try to save room for Gelato and coffee.

Seriously, nothing against Primo but the espresso gelato (Gelato Gilberto) that we had was the highlight of our meal. It was good enough that us two Hoosiers fabricated a reason to get out to Norton's Commons so we could sample more. We found the chocolate-orange just as pleasing. I think that it is probably a good thing that we do not have an east end bridge yet...
Previous