Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Back Yard Burgers and Seattles Best

no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

Back Yard Burgers and Seattles Best

by robert szappanos » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:09 pm

I seen today that the Big Boy that used to be open in front of the Westport Road Walmart has new signs up that a BackYard Burgers and a Seattles Best will be moving in.....both in the same building...
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Seattle's Best Coffee

by David R. Pierce » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:25 pm

From Wikipedia:

Seattle's Best Coffee is a specialty coffee retailer and wholesaler based in Seattle, Washington, USA. It became part of Starbucks Corporation on July 14, 2003. Its international division is owned by FOCUS Brands, Inc.

Used to be my favorite until Star Buck's changed it to...Star Buck's
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

by MichelleJ » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:32 pm

David beat me to it. I was about to ask "isn't Seattle's Best owned by Starbucks now?" I've never had it so I have to ask is it different enough to still be it's own chain instead of just being incorporated into Starbucks? Or put another way is it perhaps that there's more positive brand recognition for Seattle's Best as people still may think of it as smaller/more unique than Starbucks?
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
no avatar
User

NicoleC

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Cherokee Triangle

by NicoleC » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Backyard Burgers were very popular in certain neighborhoods in Charlotte. I've never eaten there, but a lot of people love the burgers and the shakes.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:50 pm

This will be the second Back Yard Burgers . . . in Louisville-speak, the first is across from where the Sams Club used to be, next to where Papa John's HQ used to be (on Priority Way near SE Christian/Breckinridge/I-64)
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

BYB

by BrianW » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:38 pm

I eat at the BYB location in ETown all the time on business, they have a good product and I've (almost) always had good experiences. One time they gave my dine-in order to someone else and I sat and waited before investigating... Ended up getting a coupon for a free meal next visit so was worth the extra ten minutes.

My 0.02

Brian
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:53 pm

Nice to see that Backyard Burger is opening a 2nd restaurant in town. We certainly enjoy the present one another's we have been to outside of Louisville. It will certainly be a change from Big Boy.

Has anyone seen this restaurant combination anyplace else? It seems like kind of a strange combination. I'm assuming the coffee part will be open early for beverages on the way to work but I haven't ever seen a Backyard Burger and serves breakfast items. Maybe it will be like the Starbucks/sub shop combo on Hurstborne Parkway where the two share a building but are completely separate in other ways.

I'm also a little surprised with the location since this Wal-Mart is less busy now days since the new one has opened in Middletown and Ford is decreasing employment.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Backyard Burgers

by Dan L. » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:06 pm

I have only eaten there a few times (due to its location) the last time being this past January. Personally I think that they offer a much higher-quality fast-food experience than their peers. Their burgers are thicker, juicier and well seasoned. The Black Jack Burger is very tasty. I would like nothing better than for them to scatter a few new locations in the metro area.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Backyard Burgers

by Doogy R » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:16 pm

Dan L. wrote:I have only eaten there a few times (due to its location) the last time being this past January. Personally I think that they offer a much higher-quality fast-food experience than their peers. Their burgers are thicker, juicier and well seasoned. The Black Jack Burger is very tasty. I would like nothing better than for them to scatter a few new locations in the metro area.

I totally concur with your assessment of BYB. I don't get to the Blankenbaker location as much as I'd like and will be more than pleased to have one a mere 2 miles from the homestead.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:35 am

I remember BYB when I lived in Columbus, OH. If I remember correctly, they had a great cajun chicken sandwich with cole slaw on top of the chicken. For some reason, it was a great combination, though a bit messy. Does anyone know if they still have that sandwich?
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:44 am

As long as Frisch's stays in St. Matthews by the mall I'll be ok. There will always be a soft spot in my heart for a Big Boy and onion rings.

BYB is a nice burger BTW.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Back Yard Burgers and Seattles Best

by Marsha L. » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:55 am

I have to be wrong, but this keeps nagging at me - seems like I've been somewhere in Louisville in a fast food joint that's a combination BYB/something else. The Taco bell by Value City on Preston?
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:53 pm

I believe that there is a BYB combined with a Long John Silvers or the like in Shepherdsville....right off I-65.

Kind of a gross combination.
no avatar
User

Tina Marsh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:17 am

Louisville

by Tina Marsh » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:28 am

Interesting that this is mentioned. My husband and I just drove past a BYB in Lexington earlier this week and I wondered what it was and whether we should try it. It was off Man-o-War Blvd.