Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Dining for Dan: A benefit for the Danny Boyle memorial fund

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:52 pm

Jay M. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:This memorable event remains ON for Sunday night, and organizers say it will happen Sunday night regardless of the weather....

No problem on the roads this morning, even getting out of the alley behind the house, which is usually the problem. Karen and I will look forward to seeing other forumites tonight.

This is the best thing about March snow ... even when we get the rare big one, it usually goes away fast.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:04 am

Robin Garr wrote:* After the auction closes at the event later Saturday evening, organizers will post under each item whether the top online bid was successful or if it was outbid at the event.

Obviously there were problems getting online from Corbett's last night. However, winners will be notified!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:18 pm

In a quick report from last night, I'm told the event was a big success, great food and fine people, raising well into a five-figure total for Dan Boyle's family.

The organizers are going through all the silent auction results now. While it appears at first glance that all the online bidders were outbid on the scene at Corbett's, there are a few close calls, and there could be some surprises. Details to come as soon as they are available.

Thanks to everyone who helped support this event in any way.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:14 pm

The photos Dan Dry and the chefs were shooting last night are sure to be incredible (as well as Dean's front and back video feed/recording).

Seriously, there were more chefs per square foot in Corbett's kitchen last night than probably ever in Louisville history. (it was hard to move at times!)
the level of camaraderie of the entire bunch is a testament to the philanthropy of Louisville's restaurants.

Best wishes and thanks to everyone who helped, participated or bid on auction items...

I'm incredibly proud to have shared such a wonderful night with my peers for an even more wonderful cause.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

by Fernando Martinez » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:03 pm

Everybody should be proud of Sunday night, what a great event I'm really glad I did it, nice seen you Ethan and all the participants. Fernando
Previous