Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Please & Thank You seeks $50K

no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Please & Thank You seeks $50K

by JustinHammond » Fri May 24, 2024 4:03 pm

Please & Thank You seeks $50K, apology after alleged counterfeit cookies served at Derby.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/l ... 786065007/
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: Please & Thank You seeks $50K

by Richard S. » Mon May 27, 2024 1:11 pm

IMO they deserve that and more. What a sleazy thing to do. This smacks of "We're a big corporation and we'll do whatever we please."

On the other hand, the story makes me want to try one of those Peanut Butter Creme Pies.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Tue May 28, 2024 11:08 am

This really disgusted me when I read it! Who in their right mind thinks they’re “honoring” someone by making something of their own and slapping someone else’s name on it? It’s basically saying I’m just as good as the person I’m honoring, which is actually honoring yourself. I could see them, with permission of course, doing a dessert in honor of Please & Thank You by using their cookies and putting their own cream in the middle and say it “features” their cookies. Or better yet, asking the bakery to do a special Derby dessert. I’m sure they’d appreciate the product placement and work out a deal. But you wouldn’t ask Walmart to make a garland of roses and say Kroger did it, why is that ok with food? It actually sounded like this was done to other local companies— makes me wonder what they called the Derby Pie? ;)
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Tue May 28, 2024 11:12 am

Richard S. wrote:IMO they deserve that and more. What a sleazy thing to do. This smacks of "We're a big corporation and we'll do whatever we please."

On the other hand, the story makes me want to try one of those Peanut Butter Creme Pies.

Yes! I have to admit they looked delicious— I think P&TY needs to start making them!!!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue May 28, 2024 3:39 pm

MarieP wrote:
Yes! I have to admit they looked delicious— I think P&TY needs to start making them!!!

They do make them - which is part of why this was a problem. They took an exact product that P&TY has on their menu, made it themselves and put the Please & Thank You name on it.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Wed May 29, 2024 10:20 am

Heather L wrote:
MarieP wrote:

They do make them - which is part of why this was a problem. They took an exact product that P&TY has on their menu, made it themselves and put the Please & Thank You name on it.

Oh wow!! I didn’t know that part! I admit I’ve not been to P&TY yet but have wanted to. I’ll remedy that soon- maybe even this evening!