Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Raven closing

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

The Raven closing

by Robin Garr » Thu May 23, 2024 1:10 pm

Announced on Facebook:

We are saddened to announce that we have decided not to renew our lease at The Raven, the last day will be May 31st. We have poured our blood, sweat and tears into our beloved pub, but have decided to turn our energy toward the family and give them the much needed time that they deserve. We cannot thank our staff, musicians, friends and family enough for the love and support you have given over the years. We will celebrate the memories, friendships and this new chapter in our lives over the next nine days, and hope to see you at The Raven one last time.

https://www.facebook.com/theravenirishp ... 1826MEZpyl
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: The Raven closing

by Nathaniel C » Fri May 24, 2024 11:27 pm

Very sad. Irish Rover is better, but Molly Malone's / The Raven was a solid choice. I tried to book a table, and got sent to an OpenTable page for "The Cooperage American Grille." I wonder whether that's what's taking over the space in this part of the Bermuda Triangle.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat May 25, 2024 7:17 am

Good catch! I don't know about The Cooperage, but as soon as I heard this news I figured a corner spot in the St. Matthews nightlife zone wouldn't stay vacant for long.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sat May 25, 2024 9:48 am

Nathaniel C wrote:I tried to book a table, and got sent to an OpenTable page for "The Cooperage American Grille." I wonder whether that's what's taking over the space in this part of the Bermuda Triangle.

The Cooperage American Grille is a Northern California restaurant serving “upscale American comfort food.” As far as I can tell, it’s not a chain, so I’m a bit skeptical that it will be replacing The Raven. Then again, I never expected a West Coast winery would open a tasting room in Crescent Hill, the way J Bell Wine Co. is doing.

https://www.thecooperagewc.com/
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Tue May 28, 2024 11:41 am

They look quite pricey as far as food goes- I wonder if they’ll end up selling more drinks than meals? That’s not really the location I’d envision going for an upscale evening (211 Clover is actually a little more expensive, but it’s local and a nicer setting!). What was the name of that now-closed upscale place in Morris Pointe (I don’t even know if it actually opened)? Maybe it’ll work- but it’s kind of funny to think about it being BW3, Molly Malone’s, and now this! The brunch looks better priced, but I don’t think it will take people away from Wild Eggs or Highland Morning.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:07 pm

What was the name of that now-closed upscale place in Morris Pointe (I don’t even know if it actually opened)?

If you're referring to the upscale hamburger place, it was called The Ainsworth. I know it did open and I never went because multiple people told me it wasn't good.

My friend and I went to The Raven on the Wednesday before it closed. They were out of a lot of items in preparation for closing, but I tried Scotch eggs for the first time, and they were amazing!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:45 am

Nathaniel C wrote:
What was the name of that now-closed upscale place in Morris Pointe (I don’t even know if it actually opened)?

but I tried Scotch eggs for the first time, and they were amazing!

Nathaniel, try them at the Irish Rover! You can thank me later. :)
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:49 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Nathaniel C wrote:

but I tried Scotch eggs for the first time, and they were amazing!

Nathaniel, try them at the Irish Rover! You can thank me later. :)

Seconded, and don't forget to ask for the Colman's mustard.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:51 am

Game has a very good non-traditional take on them.

https://www.wildgameburgers.com/game-on-the-river-ky

Scotch Eggs
Three Eggs, Pork Belly, Smoked Truffle Mayo, Cranberry-Jalapeno Jam

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=34 ... 41&__cft__[0]=AZWgBZU1ufWq1eY7uxBwqlPuJeiLk3Tnfh7jcAO15w0qHU3uGtVFEpKkMZ_LAEwz6bFRlN-hCZBE59iMQ3oOkK2F6Py6Osl0KlNxXL3uZj0m5tEMq241Ll5olaaKoNGby71fsomU2nR6zKlAHbTl4iwIzrxknRl6UKt3gym2ygqE7nFWHKchYtTUI4ZXHr9bqj1H1V2Mp9RyNlssW0o0wnve&__tn__=EH-R
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/