Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lexington's Local Taco

no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Lexington's Local Taco

by Carla G » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:37 am

(Right off Man O War Blvd)
Friend of a friend recommended this place as a meet to eat location while we were passing through Lexington. Truely a student centered cafe, locally owned, operated and set up. Enter, pick up a menu and order at the hostess stand then sit where ever you like. Your order is run out to you via a food runner. Order and pick up your own drinks at the bar.
At my age I prefer to sit down, order via a food server in the old school way but the times they are a' changing and we must all adapt. Having said that, the tacos and enchiladas were wonderful! Ingredients were fresh and recipes were unique. It would seem what $s they saved in labor was invested in the menu construction and implementation and I am just fine with that. So tasty I cleaned my plate with ease. This wasn't the usual Mexican, entree+beans+rice offerings or pricing for matter. So expect to pay more there than at an El Nopal-esque sort of place but enjoy a much more culinary experience. (Feel good about many of the ingredients being locally sourced as well!)

https://localtacolex.com/

The only disappointment was the underperforming bar. My flavored margarita tasted more like feet than anything and I suspect it's the use of a poorly maintained automatic ice crusher/ frozen drink maker commonly used in some restaurants. And it was waaaay overpriced at around $12.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Lexington's Local Taco

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:42 pm

Eeeuuuwww! Nasty margarita! :P The tacos sound good, though, Carla. Thanks for the report!