Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jim Greenbrier

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Norton Commons (Prospect,Kentucky)

Mazzonis' New Location..access and departure for Dare-Devils

by Jim Greenbrier » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Mazzoni s....New Location a puzzle ..perhaps easier to get a hard liquor license??
.....The migration pattern of their locations has always been semi-explainable... Nr downtown Levy s, West End(abt 41st and Market), across fm Police Hq, across fm Bowman Field... but, the new location in a non distinguished, crowded, Middletown Strip Mall presents a challenge to understand as well as access.!

Location, Location,Location has been completely ignored re vehicle accesibility. Those driving Eastbound on Shelbyville Road must turn left into often murderous traffic to their parking area.. Exiting fm Mazzonis and heading towards the Snyder presents similar risk!

Mazzoni s has been our Family Tradition for four Generations. Since the Oysters and Hot Tamales have changed some, more convenient competitors have emerged - It s doubtful that the driving hazard and diminished taste is worth it now.

It s sad.....Sad

JJG

PS. I was told by owner, while visiting, they were to open last week.I did notice the very old Italy imported original bar appeared nicely refinished. The foot rail appeared also nicely polished, but I didn t see the 'spitoons' on the floor which I mostly avoided while 'playing' on the floor as a small child....
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Oh, now, come on........

by Bill Veneman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Yes, traffic on Shelbyville Road can be a bit rough.....my suggestion would be turn right, go down to the first light where you can turn left, and loop back around. I've lived off of Shelbyville Road for 5 years and that has left me in good steed during "crunch" times.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Oh, now, come on........

by Mark R. » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Bill Veneman wrote:Yes, traffic on Shelbyville Road can be a bit rough.....my suggestion would be turn right, go down to the first light where you can turn left, and loop back around.

Continuing Bills' route, after you turn left go to the next street (main street Middletown aka old Shelbyville Road) turn left onto it. Take the right fork on the road splits and then continue following it until it comes into Shelbyville Road in front of the Kroger.

Certainly a lot easier and safer than trying to turn left across Shelbyville Road during high traffic times!

Haven't tried Mazzoni's yet but we go to Pig City Barbeque that's in the same plaza. They have some of the best barbecue in town in my opinion, especially their brisket !
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

John Mayhugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:56 pm

by John Mayhugh » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Jim,
Was it actually easy for you to leave the old Mazzoni's & turn left on Taylorsville Rd?

I haven't been to the new location yet. It's too hard not to go to Pig City. It and Jucy's are my two favorite bbq places. I think the wings at Pig City are the best in Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Mazzonis' New Location..access and departure for Dare-De

by Rob Coffey » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:37 pm

I live within walking distance (and the other direction) so I dont have to make that left too often, but I have left Pig City and made that left a number of times. It is much easier than any left across Bardstown Rd. Its only 2 lanes of traffic to worry about to get to the center lane, and then from there its an easy merge into traffic. Time of day would make a big difference though.