Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Kwetu African Cuisine

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Kwetu African Cuisine

by James Natsis » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:45 pm

A Congolese friend of mine told me about this place earlier this morning. I had some free time so decided to have lunch there.

Its on Berry Blvd. Its very spacious and nicely decorated. The family, as is the case with many East Africans, has a mixed background of Congolese/Ugandan origin and residing some time in South Africa. They've been in Louisville for about 7-8 years.

I am not much of an African food fan except Ethiopian and Moroccan couscous. But I must say, these folks did an excellent job of shifting a few of my gears. I had an order of the vegetable rice with sides of cabbage and cassava leaves. The rice portion was huge and it was about as good as rice can get--moist, flavorful, and plentiful. The cabbage and the cassava were both very tasty as well. Even the hot chai was good---served with milk and strong, but not overwhelming spices.

The place is bit out of the way. They are still waiting on their liquor license. But it seems like they know their way around kitchen! For those who may not want to travel out that way, they do use doordash.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Kwetu African Cuisine

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:12 pm

I wann go! Address on Berry or nearest cross streets?
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Kwetu African Cuisine

by Mark R. » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:37 pm

1725 Berry Blvd, Louisville, KY 40215
https://kwetuafricancuisine.e-tab.com/k ... 132b8/menu
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking