Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New bagel shop in Middletown

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

New bagel shop in Middletown

by Mark R. » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:52 am

Just happened to run across this place in Middletown this afternoon: https://born2bagel.com/about/
We hadn't heard anything about it but to see a sign. They were closed for the day but their menu certainly sounds interesting and I have a lot of different flavors of bagels including Salt bagels which I haven't found any place else in town. We will certainly have to try quite soon!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Re: New bagel shop in Middletown

by Michele Janosek » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:05 pm

You will not be disappointed!!! Bruce and Jenn are doing everything right. Hubby and I are from NY (LI & Queens) and these bagels are legit! My Quens Girl heart was made whole when Bruce added bialys to the mix in December. (If you are not familiar with a bialy, you need to get acquainted :D )

The whole crew is super friendly, and we are thrilled to have them right in our neighborhood.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:32 pm

Thanks for the report, we are planning on trying them out this weekend! I'm glad they also have bialys, I certainly know what they are!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:51 pm

Do we know if there’s indoor dining or if it’s strictly takeout? Their social media left me uncertain.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:02 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Do we know if there’s indoor dining or if it’s strictly takeout? Their social media left me uncertain.

When I was there a few months ago, there were four or five tables inside. It's a fairly small space.