Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sichuan House, Preston Highway

no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Sichuan House, Preston Highway

by Iggy C » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:27 pm

Went by this place the other day, which is on Preston over by La Chapinlandia. Afterwards I checked out the menu online — not the one on the website, which is standard Chinese-American fare — but the pictures of the menu in Google maps, which revealed a very different set of selections.

That one had a whole bunch of classic Szechuan dishes like spicy Szechuan cucumber salad, Dan Dan noodles, cumin lamb, tiger skin peppers, mapo tofu, and my personal favorite, chonqing chicken. Plus there are a ton of things I haven’t tried but which pique my curiosity, like “mouth-watering chicken,” “spicy hoof flower,” “dry pot bullfrog,” Szechuan beef brisket noodle soup, stewed duck in beer, and a pork dish cryptically named “five more intestinal property.”

AFAIK, the only real Szechuan competition in town is Jasmine, which is much farther away from me. Has anyone been? The pics of the food look very enticing!

Sichuan House, 7309 Preston Highway
502-968-4672
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sichuan House, Preston Highway

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:12 am

It was on my radar, but I was put off by the standard online menu. Now I'm putting it back on my radar!
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Sichuan House, Preston Highway

by Ron Johnson » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:07 am

I've been twice so far. This place is a much needed addition to our dining scene. The ONLY real Sichuan restaurant in the city. An entire menu of legit, authentic Sichuan dishes. The food was excellent both times I've been. They also offer standard fare in a separate section of the menu labeled "American Chinese Food". :D I have not tried the hotpot yet, but saw one at the next table and it looked amazing. Maybe one notch below Sichuan Chili in Cincinnati, but we finally have real Sichuan cuisine in the 'Ville.