Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Beyond the Sun

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Beyond the Sun

by James Natsis » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:45 pm

This location and building was long overdue for a tenant. The photos of the exterior and interior look impressive.
Bardstown Rd is pulling out of its slump and this addition is a key piece to the success of that section of the Highlands.

I look forward to hearing from folks who get a chance to visit the place soon.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Re: Beyond the Sun

by Michele Janosek » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:36 pm

The menu looks great! A very welcome addition, for sure. This one is one the radar for my January bday dinner :)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:56 pm

Looks great! Let's put up some links to make it easier to check out ..
https://www.beyondthesunky.com

And the menu, too.
https://www.beyondthesunky.com/menu

The menu page looks weird on my Mac desktop, by the way - tiny images that won't enlarge. It's slightly better on the phone - but I won't hold that against them if the food is good.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:16 pm

One of the most interesting things to me is that, in addition to pretty standard Mexican offerings, they also have a full page of goodies from Honduras! Very affordable, too ...
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:25 pm

Robin Garr wrote:One of the most interesting things to me is that, in addition to pretty standard Mexican offerings, they also have a full page of goodies from Honduras! Very affordable, too ...

Robin, I don't see any Honduran dishes on the Beyond the Sun menu. Are you referring to a different restaurant?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:56 pm

Rich S wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:One of the most interesting things to me is that, in addition to pretty standard Mexican offerings, they also have a full page of goodies from Honduras! Very affordable, too ...

Robin, I don't see any Honduran dishes on the Beyond the Sun menu. Are you referring to a different restaurant?

Aw, dang, Rich. I got too excited and melded Beyond the Sun and the new Costa Del Sol in Colonial Gardens. Costa Del Sol has the Honduran dishes, at least according to menu photos on an independent menu page.
https://www.zmenu.com/costa-del-sol-lou ... line-menu/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:57 pm

The Honduran dishes are on page 4 of 11 menu photos.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:14 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Rich S wrote:

Aw, dang, Rich. I got too excited and melded Beyond the Sun and the new Costa Del Sol in Colonial Gardens. Costa Del Sol has the Honduran dishes, at least according to menu photos on an independent menu page.
https://www.zmenu.com/costa-del-sol-lou ... line-menu/

That place is much more interesting to me! Will have to head out to Colonial Gardens. :lol:
Beyond the Sun - not for me but I wish them well. I know that was a very expensive deal.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)