Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Changes at El Mundo

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Changes at El Mundo

by Rich S » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:00 pm

El Mundo's Frankfort Avenue location will close at the end of this month, although it may come back with changes in the spring. The larger Bardstown Road location will start operating seven days a week in January.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0pT_UUPTfp/?hl=en

Our Frankfort Avenue location is taking a break

To our wonderful & supportive customers…

We are announcing our decision to put the original, quirky, tiny Frankfort Avenue location on pause until the Spring. In the meantime, we will be opening a full 7 days a week on Bardstown Road as of Jan 2nd and bringing our staff over from Frankfort Ave.

Since the pandemic, folks have been overwhelmingly choosing our Bardstown Road location where we have so much more space and a much bigger bar, in addition to the convenience of a parking lot. With its large kitchen, we will have the opportunity to expand menu offerings & add catering, as well as accommodate large parties and events with ease. Additionally, look for us to add an exciting Taco Menu as well as Brunch items soon. We will be restructuring Frankfort Ave in the coming months.

We’ll be open on Frankfort Ave thru Sat Dec 30th, so come spend the holidays with us!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Changes at El Mundo

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:34 am

Awwww. I hate to be a cynic, but when I read an announcement like that I always worry that "Spring" means "never."

They've got to do what's right for them, though.