Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Ala Eh Eats Filipino Food

no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Ala Eh Eats Filipino Food

by Mary Anne » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:41 pm

Lumpia.JPG
Tocilog.JPG
. I can't believe I'm the first Hotbyter to stop into this amazing spot. I walked in as a stranger and left feeling like family. While sushi is on their Facebook page, I saw no evidence of sushi today. Cindy, the co-owner, was so helpful. I've had some Filipino food, my lunchmate less so, but Cindy made ordering very easy. With the help of a map on the wall, I now know where Batangas is, and if this food is any indication, Batangueños eat really well. Lunch started with a complimentary bowl of beef bone broth, very welcome on this cold day. We tried the pancit bihon, the tosilag (long roasted pork belly, garlic rice, and a runny egg), Lumpia (think eggrolls), Pinoy BBQ (skewered pork) and afterward Cindy was kind enough to bring a small taste of the Bistek Tagalog (that's what I'm getting next time). The only thing I regret is my stomach capacity isn't larger. They have a Facebook page where they post the daily menu along with pictures, hoping soon they will add descriptive narrative too. Stop in and see these folks, it's a gem. In the slot in Westport Shopping Center where Gourmet Provisions was (9407 Westport Road) https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093114792325
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Ala Eh Eats Filipino Food

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:10 pm

Mary Anne, as I recall, Gourmet Provisions had only a very limited dining-in area. Have the new tenants changed the footprint, or is this mostly takeout?
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:13 am

They've done their best to make the little dining room welcoming, but it's a small footprint...maybe 6 four top tables? Takeout is a big part of their business I think. I'd recommend trying to eat in if you have the time, Cindy is so helpful and shares so much info about their food and culture, and if you are lucky, samples of things you didn't order!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:04 pm

Good advice. Thanks, Mary Anne!