Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Lora S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 am

Where to Find In Home Help on Thanksgiving?

by Lora S » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 am

I am posting in this forum as the other doesn't get as many views. . . Robin feel free to move if needed.

My Mom is 78 and while she still loves to cook for Thanksgiving she is finding it harder to "dish up" the food and take it downstairs to her basement where 18 of us enjoy the food. We all pitch in to carry up and down and then help with take down, but she feels rushed and would really like to have 2 people she could hire for 3-4 hours to assist her and set up the buffet, set the 3 tables, serve desserts and help with take down and clean-up etc. She attended an in-house event that the hostess cooked and had 2 assistants for the night and this is what she would like. She didn't know the hostess well enough but thinks the assistants were part of the household staff.

How do I go about posting for this "gig" work. She is willing to pay $30.00+per hour for each person and willing to negotiate. She would need them from 10-2 Thanksgiving day and will send home leftovers, too.

Thanks.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Where to Find In Home Help on Thanksgiving?

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:12 am

Lora, you’re welcome to post this here. I’m afraid no good advice is coming to me right now, but I’ll think about it, and I hope others will too!