Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Xian Kitchen (Filipino restaurant)

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Xian Kitchen (Filipino restaurant)

by Rich S » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:36 pm

Xian Kitchen, a catering company that serves Filipino food, will be opening a restaurant at 12338 Shelbyville Road in Middletown (in the shopping center that also includes Popeyes and Las Margaritas). I think this will be the city’s only Filipino restaurant other than Sarap at the Paristown Village Market, which has a fairly limited menu. If you want to check out Xian’s food, it has been running regular popups at a location off South Hurstbourne Parkway — the details are on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Xian-Ki ... 989904411/
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Xian Kitchen (Filipino restaurant)

by James Natsis » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:55 pm

This is good news. I hope they succeed.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:02 pm

This is awesome news! We enjoy Sarap and the Bamba Egg Roll truck very much, so having a Filipino restaurant right in our area is perfect. Can't wait to try it out.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:16 pm

It turns out there’s another new Filipino restaurant, according to Business First. Ala Eh Eats Filipino Food and Sushi opened recently in Westport Plaza, at Westport Road and Hurstbourne Parkway. There isn’t a regular website, but you can see the rather extensive menu here:

https://alaeheatsfilipinofoodsushi.hrpo ... nd.us/menu

Ala Eh Eats replaced Gourmet Provisions, which apparently closed a couple months ago.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:00 pm

Xian Kitchen opened just before Christmas, and I stopped by this week to get some food to go. It’s a small space with about half a dozen tables. When I went at lunchtime Tuesday they had eight or 10 dishes on a steam table; I assume the rest of the menu is cooked to order. I got one of their combos: small servings of two entrees and a generous amount of rice. I ordered chicken adobo (“the national dish of the Philippines”) and beef caldereta, and both were very good. The combo cost $10 and was enough food for dinner, plus a light lunch. They also had a special — some sort of meatball dish — that isn’t on the regular menu; I hope I can try that in the future.

The menu and hours are on the website.

https://xianskitchen.com/