Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

I spy...Tikka Taco

no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

I spy...Tikka Taco

by Mary Anne » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:20 am

Sign.jpg
3311 Preston Hwy, where the New Wave Burritos used to live, now houses Tikka Tacos. My monthly or so trip to Aldi took me past there and I was stunned to see a promise of Indo-Mexi fusion. I googled when I got home, but couldn't find a Facebook or social media page, or a webpage but did find a couple of photos of a menu. Anyone tried this place yet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: I spy...Tikka Taco

by Iggy C » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:26 am

I hope that menu isn’t right — I was hoping for actual fusion, like, say, a chicken tikka burrito, not just a place that has biryani but also cheese steaks, spring rolls and Cajun fries. Is it open yet? I saw the sign was up but it looked closed when I passed last weekend.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:34 am

I've also been curious about this place. It's temporarily closed for renovations, which is odd since it opened only a few weeks ago. The owner posted this a few days ago in response to a question on Google:

"Also we are doing some renovations so it's just temporarily closed but we should be back up soon. Coming back with BANG !!"

There's apparently only one fusion dish on the menu -- the Bollywood tacos.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:08 pm

The Bollywood tacos caught my eye right away!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:16 am

Okay, I'll have a review next week, but to bring youse guise up to speed in the meantime, we got over there recently. It's really primarily Indian, and even the Mexican dishes have Indian flavor. But it is very good Indian! Worth a trip to ... um, is that Camp Taylor? Audubon Park? Anyway ..,
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:17 am

Also, still no social media or web page, but they seem to be using a Google-created business page as their page and adding comments to it. Shortened link: https://bit.ly/TikkaTacos
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:19 am

And finally, a long and praiseful Reddit thread ...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Louisville/com ... n_preston/