Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sullivan University Bakery

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Sullivan University Bakery

by James Natsis » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:29 am

I'm surprised to be the first to post here.

Let's start with adieu to the old program and bienvenue to the new one! They did away with their overextension and generic, uninspiring products. They now focus on old school French goods--baguettes, croissants, pain au chocolat, etc. I don't normally use the lords name in vain, but he'll understand---oh.mon.dieu!

Wow! I got a baguette, croissant, and a pain au chocolat. They were as good and even better than anything I've had in Louisville. The director told me that their baguettes undergo a 3-day process. You can tell from the opening scent!

So folks, among some of the gloom, there is one piece of good news here.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Re: Sullivan University Bakery

by Mary Anne » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:39 am

I will second the rave review...I am hooked on the Kouign Amann! And the demi baguettes are very good. And the croissants. :D
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:48 pm

The kouign amann looked pretty darn good. That's next on my list. However, I won't be able to leave without a pan au chocolat and a demi baguette in hand! Those were too good to pass up.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:23 am

Thanks for the tip James. I can only say I think you undersell it. That almond croissant is criminal. Without question the best I've ever had (disclaimer: never been to France). Everything we've had there has been fantastic: Kouign-amann, pain au chocolat, baguette and some really wonderful ciabatta. But that almond croissant is something else.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:47 pm

Picked up some croissants, a pan au chocolate, a kuign amann, and a baguette this morning. The pastries were a big hit! Looking forward to having that baguette later. This is a great bakery, and I think we’ll be making it a regular Saturday stop for us. Thanks for posting, James!