Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Born2Bagel - NY comes to Middletown

no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Born2Bagel - NY comes to Middletown

by Michele Janosek » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:16 am

This brand new addition to Douglass Hills hits all the right notes! The owner is from Bellemore, LI and has brought the quintessential NY bagel experience to Blankenbaker Pkwy.

Mike and I have been there several times since they opened 2 weeks ago. Completely satisfied my egg bagel/lox/scallion cream cheese/caper craving!!! Mike is a fan of the egg everything bagel with sausage, eggs & cheese. Bagel selection is solid - at least a dozen different choices. A pair of potato pancakes with apple sauce were flavorful and fluffy & just $2!!

We haven't made it for lunch yet, but they have deli meats or salads (egg, tuna, chicken or whitefish) too. Stopped in at 9 this morning and business was booming! Definitely pop in and check them out.

htps://born2bagel.com
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Born2Bagel - NY comes to Middletown

by Mike L » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:00 pm

Strangely, the one thing I didn't see on their website was a list of bagels! Maybe I missed it?
no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:14 pm

Mike L wrote:Strangely, the one thing I didn't see on their website was a list of bagels! Maybe I missed it?

I don't think they list the varieties on the site, but they keep them in wire bins with handwritten signs. Today I recall there were plain, poppy, garlic, everything, cinnamon raisin, jalapeno. french toast, egg, egg everything, onion, & blueberry. There may have been one or two seasonal, but I can't swear to it.
no avatar
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:50 pm