Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Come Back Inn closes abruptly

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Come Back Inn closes abruptly

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:50 pm

No idea why. Announced in a brief social media post.

Come Back Inn
Guys, we hate to do this, but tonight will be the last night of dinner service for the Come Back Inn. You all gave us so many great years. We appreciate each and everyone one of you all
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Come Back Inn closes abruptly

by Mike L » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:43 pm

So sad to see them go. I have so many great memories there. A real loss to the local restaurant community.
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:10 pm

I just heard about this. I am so sad. Admittedly, we didn't eat there too often, but we always enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and the people. What a terrible loss.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:30 pm

Kim, I feel the same. When did I go last? I can't remember. Before the pandemic. Could a been 10 years. But it was soooo nice! I gather that they didn't have a problem with traffic, though, so much as a chronic, wearing-down issue with getting and keeping staff.
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:16 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I gather that they didn't have a problem with traffic, though, so much as a chronic, wearing-down issue with getting and keeping staff.

I've heard the same. I imagine it was a culmination of things over the past few years. The pandemic, the break-ins/vandalism, and now staffing... I'm sure it was exhausting.