Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Myriad Hotel

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

The Myriad Hotel

by James Natsis » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:43 pm

Like so many other wonderful neighborhoods and entertainment districts, the Highlands is reinventing itself after a rough pandemic and other factors slide. And this place is just what the Highlands doctor ordered!

I stopped by there today during the morning hours and was treated to a tour of its premise and its many eclectic rooms by Chicago transplant, Christian, who was a wonderful, and proud host of the establishment.

Although I was unable to dine in the restaurant, we've heard great things about it and it looks wonderful. The front reception has a dual purpose cafe/pastry counter by day, and bar by night. The rather unique outdoor pool setting (locals can pay a day fee to hang in the pool zone) is in the courtyard area across from the restaurant in an open space with various outdoor seating. The rooms have different designs from a tiny single room, to large suites, to a 5-bunkbed room with a double bathroom.

This place is going to be a Derby Week sweetheart and should serve as a catalyst for future investment in the immediate area. Its well worth a stop in visit at the very least. I tend to direct visiting friends to Nulu. But this place would be well appreciated by out-of-town guests looking for a certain je ne sais quoi in a hotel experience.
James J. Natsis