Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Nami

no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Nami

by Mike D » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:19 am

We finally made it to Nami last night. Wow...great food and excellent service from a knowledgeable and attentive server with a great personality.

The three of us shared four starters and two entrees. Starters were steamed shrimp mandu, vegetable pajun, dukbokki rice cakes and a salmon kimbap hand roll. Entrees were crispy skin snapper over crab fried rice and a ya-chae bap rice bowl.

I could go back tonight and make a meal of the pajun and the rice cakes. The rice cakes was an interesting dish and one of the best dishes I've had in recent memory. As explained beforehand by our server, it is not what you would think of when you hear "rice cake." It's more like a soup/stew with what look like gnocchi but are actually made with rice. The broth was so flavorful that I wanted to lick the dish clean.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Nami

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:29 am

Mike, my Nami review is coming tomorrow, and I agree 100% about the dukbokki. I still think about that flavor!