Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Julia Pike

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:41 pm

Louisville, KY

Chili Judge needed - Feb. 16 - 6:30 pm

by Julia Pike » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:07 pm

With Robin's permission I am searching, through this forum, for someone to act as judge at a chili cook off competition sponsored by the Louisville Ski Club for its members and guests. This event will be this Saturday, February 16, and the judges will need to arrive around 6:30. It will be held in New Albany. We expect 14 contestants. The judging will start at 7:00 p.m. and typically takes no more than 45 minutes.

If you are available and interested, I ask that you respond with a short biographical paragraph which tells who you are, what you do in life, and what qualifications you have that would make for a good judge. i.e Do you have any restaurant experience or culinary training, prior experience/success in chili competitions as a competitor or judge, ever acted as a restaurant reviewer/food critic?

If you are not available, maybe you know someone else who would be interested?

If you don't want your response posted on the forum, use the Private Message option.

Thanks
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Chili Judge needed - Feb. 16 - 6:30 pm

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:21 pm

Julia Pike wrote:With Robin's permission I am searching, through this forum, for someone to act as judge at a chili cook off competition sponsored by the Louisville Ski Club for its members and guests.

Thanks for posting, Julia! This is a great event - I look forward to judging it every year - and I hope a couple of well-qualified forumites will sign on.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Chili Judge needed - Feb. 16 - 6:30 pm

by David Clancy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Julia Pike wrote:With Robin's permission I am searching, through this forum, for someone to act as judge at a chili cook off competition sponsored by the Louisville Ski Club for its members and guests. This event will be this Saturday, February 16, and the judges will need to arrive around 6:30. It will be held in New Albany. We expect 14 contestants. The judging will start at 7:00 p.m. and typically takes no more than 45 minutes.

If you are available and interested, I ask that you respond with a short biographical paragraph which tells who you are, what you do in life, and what qualifications you have that would make for a good judge. i.e Do you have any restaurant experience or culinary training, prior experience/success in chili competitions as a competitor or judge, ever acted as a restaurant reviewer/food critic?I would be happy to eat some chili (with beer I hope?) and have judged many contests. How fortuitous that it is in New Albany. PM me and I'm there!!

If you are not available, maybe you know someone else who would be interested?

If you don't want your response posted on the forum, use the Private Message option.

Thanks
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Oops!

by David Clancy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:27 pm

Think I posted within your post. Anyway, I would be honored to be a judge at this event if you would concider me as a worthy and impartial dude that digs a good vat of chili.....
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Julia Pike

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:41 pm

Louisville, KY

Chili Judge found

by Julia Pike » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 am

Many thanks to those who replied. My judges spots have now been filled.

Nevertheless, if you were interested before and didn't reply because you were unavailable for the February 16 date, I'd still be happy to hear from you and add you to my list of prospects for next year. I'd ask you to provide the information I requested in the original post - Who are you, what do you do, and what qualifications or experience do you have that would make for a good judge.

Julia
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Original Highlands

by Michele Cull » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:36 am

Anyone interested in a small chili cookoff on March 2?

We are looking for "celebrity" judges. Please pass along to anyone you might think is interested. Thanks for your your help!

Bring you best crock pot of Chili and come fellowship with us!

Where: Vine Street Baptist Church at 960 Vine Street

When: March 2, 2008 at 6 PM

No entry fee, but bring your change. There will be an award for the "Most Popular Chili" based on who has the most money in their jar*. Other awards will be decided on by our "celebrity" judges.

Please contact me at 533-7510 or via e-mail misscheleky@yahoo.com

*All money raised will be donated to the Child Development Center at VSBC.
MissChele