Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

KupBop Korean BBQ at Mall St. Matthews

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

KupBop Korean BBQ at Mall St. Matthews

by Rich S » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:36 am

I wouldn’t normally post about a business in a mall food court, but this place is unusual. KupBop Korean BBQ, which is locally owned, opened two weeks ago at Mall St. Matthews. It’s nothing like Koreana or Nami, but if you’re looking for good fast-casual Korean food it’s worth checking out.

The menu is fairly limited (see link below) and includes bibimbap, some rice bowls, tteok-bokki, Korean hotdogs and kimbap. I got the chicken BBQ bowl ($11), which had both rice and noodles, vegetables (Asian cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, corn) and a choice of sauce (gochujang, teriyaki, yum yum, etc.). It was very tasty, although having both rice and noodles seemed odd; I would have preferred all rice. I’ll be going back to try more of the menu.

I can’t find a website, but here’s a photo of the menu:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1 ... 1360-h1020
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: KupBop Korean BBQ at Mall St. Matthews

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:34 pm

Thanks, Rich. I haven’t been to that mall for years, but might have to check that out.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: KupBop Korean BBQ at Mall St. Matthews

by James Natsis » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:25 pm

The foodcourt went through some very nice upgrades in recent years like most of the rest of the mall. The place has a touch of class to it.

The Korean food option sounds wonderful! There is no reason why there can't be more creative offerings in malls such as St Matthews given the nearby demographics. Offer it and they will come! I have seen it elsewhere.

Speaking of malls, Oxmoor has gone through a significant rejuvenation thanks to Topgolf which was an absolute game changer. Its worth checking out.
James J. Natsis