Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Shippingport Brewery

no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Shippingport Brewery

by Carla G » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:30 am

I haven't seen much on these boards covering Shippingport Brewery and that surprises me. I've been a couple times and have found it to be well worth the time and gas getting there from Crestwood. Each time I've gone for Sunday brunch and everything about it suits my culinary as well as socializing needs. They have visiting chefs often that simply go in and take over the kitchen for brunch so the menu changes each time. Yesterday they had home made bagel varieties with awesome schmears as well as some constructed bagels. Mine had avo mash, tomatos, red peppers, onion. I added bacon and ordered a side of smoked salmon schmear on the side. Best ever. It was too early for me to have a beer but their current varietals looked intriguing. I gotta go back just to tipple a taste or two. Evenings (according to their FaceBook page and website) are pretty loose, sometimes offering a Trivia night or even a Drag Show Burlesque. Mostly the place is atmospheric - just a big, cleaned out/up, double sized commercial garage with a mix up of tables and chairs. Order at the counter. Nice weather means at least one or both of the big garage doors can be rolled up opening the view to Main Street. The crowd is a mixture of transplanted urbanites, a few bicyclists ( the serious variety. It must be located on some popular biking route), a few yuppies and some old hippies. Parking on Sunday was no problem at all. So pretty darn charming and I didn't even talk about their home made brews.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Shippingport Brewery

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:28 am

Thanks for the report, Carla! I really need to pay more attention to craft breweries that also have food, and a number of my friends either love or have something to do with Shippingport. Good advice!
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:46 pm

They just most recently finally broke ground on the waterfront park extention from 10th St moving westward. That will eventually bring more visibility to the location.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:24 am

It's not far from the river walk trail, which I imagine is popular with bike riders.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg