Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

469

Joined

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

DiOrio’s Pizza and pickleball replacing J. Harrod’s

by Rich S » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:49 pm

To be precise, DiOrio’s is going in the old J. Harrod’s building at 7507 River Road, with the pickleball courts on the adjacent property, which I think used to be Frank Otte Nursery. The entire complex will be called River Road Social, according to the sign they’ve posted. DiOrio’s said on Facebook that they hope to open by the end of August. This will be the third DiOrio's location.

Pizza seems a good choice for that area; I don’t think Prospect has anything other than Domino’s and Papa Johns.
User avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Posts

22995

Joined

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Location

Crescent Hill

Re: DiOrio’s Pizza and pickleball replacing J. Harrod’s

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:57 pm

Rich S wrote:Pizza seems a good choice for that area; I don’t think Prospect has anything other than Domino’s and Papa Johns.

It's hard to argue with that, although Blackstone Grille probably rises above that level a bit. And The Pine Room, although that may be across the line into Harrods Creek.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

469

Joined

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: DiOrio’s Pizza and pickleball replacing J. Harrod’s

by Rich S » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:51 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Rich S wrote:Pizza seems a good choice for that area; I don’t think Prospect has anything other than Domino’s and Papa Johns.

It's hard to argue with that, although Blackstone Grille probably rises above that level a bit. And The Pine Room, although that may be across the line into Harrods Creek.


I was just referring to the lack of good pizza places. The Prospect area certainly has a number of good restaurants, including Blackstone Grille, the Pine Room, Gustavo's and Arata Sushi.
User avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Posts

22995

Joined

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Location

Crescent Hill

Re: DiOrio’s Pizza and pickleball replacing J. Harrod’s

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:42 pm

Rich S wrote:I was just referring to the lack of good pizza places. The Prospect area certainly has a number of good restaurants, including Blackstone Grille, the Pine Room, Gustavo's and Arata Sushi.

Back on the same page! Sorry I misunderstood, Rich!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign