Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wiltshire on Market Closing

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Wiltshire on Market Closing

by Mark R. » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:23 pm

According to an article published this afternoon Wiltshire on Market Closing is closing after 14 years in business. According to the article the chef is planning a new concept restaurant in that space.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Wiltshire on Market Closing

by Rich S » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:15 pm

Wiltshire is being replaced by MeeshMeesh, which was discussed on the HotBytes forum here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26490

https://meeshmeesh.com/

A bit more from Business First:

Susan Hershberg was forced to close the restaurant (Wiltshire on Market) during the Covid-19 pandemic. She reopened it in June 2021 with Chef Akeem Norris. After Norris moved on, Hershberg said she had trouble finding culinary talent for the chef-driven restaurant.

“There was no one that could do the honor there that I wanted," Hershberg said. "I thought I’d reach out to people who were doing pop-ups around town and see if they would like to have a roof over their head for the winter.”

Hershberg contacted Noam Bilitzer, who was doing pop-up events serving elevated Palestinian cuisine. She said the relationship started in November 2022, but she knew he was ready to go out on his own.

“Noam, while he is the perfect person for that spot, he didn’t want to be someone’s employee,” Hershberg said. “Really, the stars just aligned for both of us. He was in the perfect place at the right time for me, and vice versa.