Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Feast BBQ Jtown closing

no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Feast BBQ Jtown closing

by JustinHammond » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:40 am

Per facebook post.

Feast BBQ

After an incredible five years, we're closing our Jeffersontown location and opening up our site to the next great venture. We loved bringing this abandoned muffler shop back to life and look forward to seeing it continue to draw people to Gaslight Square.
We are grateful for the support of our guests and team members over the years and the memories that we made there. We invite you to join us at our flagship location in nulu, the next time you're downtown, for our brand of hickory smoked barbecue, crispy tots, and bourbon slushies.
Thank you for being a part of our journey and we look forward to seeing you again soon in nulu.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Feast BBQ Jtown closing

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:31 pm

Interesting that Feast and Royals Hot Chicken, both under the same ownership, both close East End locations. I assumed that Royals on Shelbyville Road was a covid casualty, an unfortunately timed effort that never was able to take off. But the other shoe dropping almost sounds like a strategic plan to pull back to the core. Of course, what do I know?
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:25 pm

From a personal perspective I certainly can't say that I'm upset about this. I've lost any respect for that organization a long time ago.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:21 am

What was the problem, Mark?
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

by Mike Hardin » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:55 am

I'm with Mark. I've been to almost every one of their restaurants and every time it felt like the person I was interacting with would rather be doing ANYTHING other than speak to me.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:02 am

Mike, that would be a deal-breaker for me too! I can't say I've had that experience, but then I don't believe I ever went to the Middletown Royals or the J'town Feast, only to the Nulu shops; and it's been a long time.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:35 am

Robin Garr wrote:What was the problem, Mark?

The problem was an incident at the original location in New Albany, they didn't feel they were Req to provide handicap access and spent the next months being very derogatory to my wife and I on Facebook and anyplace else they could find reference to us! Actually, handicap access was 1 of the reasons they shut down the New Albany location after the city got on their case about it.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:20 am

Well, that's nasty. Thanks for explaining the issue, Mark. I do wonder if there was a particular ass in charge at the New Albany shop, but still.