Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wild Ginger closing

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Wild Ginger closing

by Rich S » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:48 am

Food & Dining reports that Wild Ginger says Saturday, June 24, will be its last day. The letter on its website doesn't give a reason. I hadn't realized it had been around since 2010. I still think of that location as the old Cafe Metro.

A restaurant called Kiwami Ramen has applied for a building permit to take over the Wild Ginger space. I wasn't able to find anything about Kiwami online.

https://foodanddine.com/wild-gingers-fi ... y-june-24/
no avatar
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

Re: Wild Ginger closing

by Laura SS » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:49 pm

Sad as I certainly am to lose Wild Ginger, the idea of a ramen spot so near home is truly tantalizing. We've never made it to Ramen House due to the lengthy lines, so hopefully Kiwami is fabulous and easier to get into.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Wild Ginger closing

by Terri Beam » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:43 pm

That building has certainly turned into an Asian only food outpost: Sapporo, Pho Cafe, The Bep (which recently went in the former Super Chef's space, and now this.

We were in The Bep on Sunday for boba tea and egg yolk fries on Sunday, and I was wondering why someone from Wild Ginger came over to give them a bin of avocados. Now I know why. It's nice to see folks making an effort to not waste food.

I was joking with my fiance about how how we need to win the lottery to set up our own personal boba shop in Fern Creek since there are 3 boba tea shops in that one mile stretch in the Highlands. Go north another mile or so and you have 5 total boba tea shops. Mt. Washington has boba (and Banh Mi). Shelbyville Road has boba. Why can't we? :P