Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Equus?

no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Equus?

by Kim H » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:55 pm

Does anyone know if Equus still exists, or has it officially turned into The Black Rabbit? When I try to look Equus up online, it automatically defaults to The Black Rabbit. I tried calling, but got voicemail. Just wondering if anyone has any insight. I'll be sad if Equus is no more.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Equus?

by Mark R. » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:01 pm

That's certainly what it looks like however in reality the real Equus has existed for quite a while. It basically combined with Jack's Lounge and I ended up putting televisions in the entire place and simplified the menu significantly. At least in our opinion that was the end of the real Equus. As you noted it now appears that Jack's Lounge and Equus names have both gone away and been replaced by "Black Rabbit". Certainly a great loss for the Louisville dining community but not totally unexpected after Dean's death.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:53 am

So, the answer is yes and no. They’ve done some rebranding under the Black Rabbit umbrella. There is still a dining room but I’m unsure of the name now. The original Black Rabbit is the Burrow, the patio might be the Haven, Jacks is still Jacks, etc.
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:42 pm

Thank you for your responses. It's kind of confusing. I agree that it hasn't been the same since Deeno passed, but I liked the "Eqqus" menu better than Black Rabit's. Disappointing the way it's evolved imo