Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Home Run Burger Is Expanding

no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Home Run Burger Is Expanding

by Terri Beam » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:11 pm

https://foodanddine.com/home-run-burger ... where-too/

So the former KFC building in Fern Creek has gotten a new tenant pretty quickly.

I'm ok with this news, although with Freddy's coming in just up the street at the former Frisch's, we are going to have a bounty of burger blessings in the neighborhood. Home Run is in our rotation. I hope they'll have breakfast here like they've added at the Outer Loop location.

That former KFC spot is/was/will still be a nightmare during afternoon rush hour traffic though. I rarely ate at that KFC for exactly that reason, being at the mercy of kind drivers to be allowed to merge with southbound traffic. It's reached a point where southbound Bardstown Road cannot handle the traffic load from 3 pm to 7 pm weekdays. Throw in the frequent wrecks at the Walmart light, and traffic backs up for miles.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Home Run Burger Is Expanding

by James Natsis » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:13 pm

WDRB reported this evening on your point:

https://www.wdrb.com/news/traffic-const ... 63d6b.html
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:27 pm

No shocker that the KFC went out of business. I live just a few blocks from there, and every time I went there was some kind of hassle; 20 minutes on chicken, we're only taking cash, etc.. The last time was during lunch. I pulled up to the speaker and there was a sign taped over it that said, "Closed due to lack of staff." I went to pull away but noticed there were people in the dining room. I parked and went inside. "Oh, we're really open but shorthanded, so we're trying to discourage business."
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:40 am

Richard S. wrote:No shocker that the KFC went out of business. I live just a few blocks from there, and every time I went there was some kind of hassle; 20 minutes on chicken, we're only taking cash, etc.. The last time was during lunch. I pulled up to the speaker and there was a sign taped over it that said, "Closed due to lack of staff." I went to pull away but noticed there were people in the dining room. I parked and went inside. "Oh, we're really open but shorthanded, so we're trying to discourage business."

:lol: