Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Nami

User

TimT

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

West of the Mississippi

Nami

by TimT » Wed May 17, 2023 8:38 am

Has anyone dined there yet and if so, please give us a report!
"I dined at my favorite restaurant last night. It was like Heaven, only better. They let me in".
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Nami

by Robin Garr » Wed May 17, 2023 9:00 am

I'd like to see that! I'm waiting, too.
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Thu May 18, 2023 12:46 pm

did you guys mean "Noma"?
:) :) :)
User

TimT

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

West of the Mississippi

by TimT » Fri May 19, 2023 8:44 am

No. This is Ed Lee's new restaurant. Nami Steakhouse.
"I dined at my favorite restaurant last night. It was like Heaven, only better. They let me in".
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri May 19, 2023 10:19 am

We have reservations on June 3rd.

https://nami-restaurant.com/
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Fri May 19, 2023 8:32 pm

Did and done http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26388#p193493. Reposted below to remove the need to click.

Re: Edward Lee to open new Korean venue
by Laura SS » Fri May 05, 2023 9:22 pm

Was honored to attend the soft opening of Nami last Saturday, and what a true treat it was. Virtually every dish was a solid hit, and the few weak spots should be easy to correct. The cocktail program from Stacie Stewart was an inventive standout, in particular.

A sampling of the dishes tasted: Shrimp dumplings with Korean chili sauce packed plenty of wallop for this spice wuss, while the variety of kim chi (including beet and fennel) was pleasantly varied, dimensional in flavor, and distinctive without scaring me away. A salmon handroll was the stuff of dreams. Crispy snapper was truly fantastic, possibly my favorite of all the dishes. A noodle dish with a medley of seafood (forgive the last week's impact on my ability to recall specific names) was a hit with the entire table: flavorful, ample and fresh seafood, and toothsome noodles would bring me back in a heartbeat. My tofu kimbap was certainly delicious, but couldn't compare with how wonderful the noodles and the snapper were. (Note that may have been due to user error, as I was so lost in conversation and the experience that I neglected to add any of the varied banchan elements to the dish!) A vegetarian offering of eggplant and mushroom had pleasant flavor but some executional challenges. While not an absolute no, I would be hard pressed to order it again soon with so much menu to explore. I'd be interested to re-try it once they've worked the kinks out, though. Of the desserts, the chocolate bread was memorably perfect, rich and complex enough to be satisfying when shared, in the very best of "a little goes a long way."

I wish I had thought to snap photos of food and menu, but I was honestly so excited to be there I just stayed present in the moment and drank it all in. Highly recommend exploring it yourself for your next adventurous night out.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun May 21, 2023 2:03 pm

Thanks, Laura! I've definitely got it on my radar, and hoping that this is one of Ed Lee's hits (like Milkwood) rather than his misses (like Whisky Dry and that terrible noodle shop in the Highlands that only lasted about a month). Looking at the apparent investment in it (and the lead time needed for reservations), I'm pretty certain it's going to be a hit.