Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

Re: Goose Creek Diner Moving

by Steve Eslinger » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:29 pm

Been saying for years that Ramsey’s would kill it here. Piggy-back it with Missy’s pies and you have a goldmine almost anywhere in the city.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:57 am

Terri Beam wrote:I'm sad about it. I'm sad about the death of diners in Louisville. Maybe I should have a word with the folks at Ramsey's in Lexington about expanding to Louisville. There's a market for diners here if the money people would just see it.

Terri, just for fun, what local places do you think of as diners? Do Burger Boy and Burger Girl make the cut? They have a lot of breakfast/brunch fare even if they have Burger in their name. D. Nalley's? Twig & Leaf? Wild Eggs or Big Bad Breakfast? None of these really seem like the diners that were all around when we lived in NYC, though.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:51 pm

Has anyone tried the new place? I'd never been to the old Goose Creek Diner. Sal's was decent bar food, and I agree about the chill vibe, but I only went there once and didn't feel like I needed to go back.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:11 am

Haven’t been to The Goose yet, but Sal’s had possibly the best fried fish in town. It was amazing.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:53 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Haven’t been to The Goose yet, but Sal’s had possibly the best fried fish in town. It was amazing.

Definitely, that's certainly something that we will miss! Of course we are also going to miss Goose Creek Diner, The Goose may have good food but I'm going to miss the atmosphere of the diner.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:12 am

long post from Goose Creek today on FaceBook:
https://www.facebook.com/goosecreekdiner
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

by Shannon W » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:16 am

We had lunch a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. The space is open and bright, gets loud quickly. At 50 yrs old, I was one of the youngest customers and it seems to be a big hit with the senior crowd! Service was attentive, food was fresh and good. Nothing amazing, but the salad was fresh and cold, fries hot and crispy & my daughter liked the chicken fingers. These days….that’s a win!
"Mark that frame an eight...and you're entering a world of pain."
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:23 am

Thanks for the report! I had a feeling that the apple wouldn't fall too far from the tree, even if the setting looks a little different.
Previous