Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 am

Highlands

Old Rubinos Location Middletown

by Allison Williams » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:40 pm

Whatever happened with the old Rubinos location in Middletown. I remember they used to have such a pretty restaurant including the entrance where the deli was (hammered copper and huge rotisserie oven). I thought a sports bar and grille went into its place. Anyone? I know Im blasting into the past but for some reason I was thinking about it the other day when I ate at the new Cafe near Louisville Stoneware.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:13 pm

It turned, very briefly, into a "sports bar" called Savannhas (sp?) but didn't last very long. Last time I was in Middletown is was still a vacant shell.

Thanks for the fond memories of Rubino's, we loved that place when we lived in the area.