Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Rehearsal Dinner

no avatar
User

Marybeth B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 pm

East End

Rehearsal Dinner

by Marybeth B » Thu May 04, 2023 8:35 pm

My son is getting married in early November and I am looking for suggestions for a place to have the rehearsal dinner on November 3 (Friday night). Instead of continuing to search the web, which mostly gives me paid results, I thought asking you all would be better.

I've made a couple of inquiries, but have not gotten into any discussions with venues yet. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to have a private space that could seat about 24 people. I would like it to be nice, but I think they prefer that it's not too formal. The rehearsal/wedding is downtown, so I'd like something there or convenient to drive to from there.

Suggestions and anecdotes of how your experiences with private events went would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

by Mike L » Thu May 04, 2023 8:46 pm

Jeff Ruby's? We had a private party at the one in Lexington a few months ago and had a great time.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri May 05, 2023 8:57 am

All of the major hotels (21C, Marriott, Hyatt, the new ones, the old ones (Seelbach & Brown), the Omni, et al) have smaller spaces, and in essence this is how they make their living (by hosting events)! Plus, they are all walkable from downtown.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Fri May 05, 2023 3:26 pm

The Bristol downtown has several private rooms and is nice without being stuffy. I’ve also been to a rehearsal dinner at Seviche that was amazing!
no avatar
User

Marybeth B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 pm

East End

by Marybeth B » Tue May 09, 2023 9:03 am

Thank you all for your suggestions! Lots of good choices. I appreciate the help.