Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Question about sending back food

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:58 am

Jeremy J wrote:Most places I've worked at do that, particularly with steaks. If you cut it and it's not what you want, it makes sense to throw it back on the grill for a second.

I don't see the problem here either, provided competent steps are taken to guard against cross-contamination. Throw away an entire portion because it needed more time on the grill? I don't think so.
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: Question about sending back food

by Dan L. » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:55 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Jeremy J wrote:Most places I've worked at do that, particularly with steaks. If you cut it and it's not what you want, it makes sense to throw it back on the grill for a second.

I don't see the problem here either, provided competent steps are taken to guard against cross-contamination. Throw away an entire portion because it needed more time on the grill? I don't think so.

OK. Thanks guys. I wasn't looking to bash the establishment in which this happened, which is why I didn't come in guns-a-blazin and pointing fingers. More than anything I just wanted to understand what is typically considered acceptable as I have never worked in a full-service restaurant.
Previous