Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Butchertown Grocery - Decca

User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Butchertown Grocery - Decca

by JustinHammond » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 pm

Who has the scoop? Courier is behind a paywall.

Decca veterans to open new restaurant in Butchertown ...
EXCLUSIVE: The former Butchertown Grocery space is getting new life. Here's who's moving in. Dahlia Ghabour. Louisville Courier Journal. Hear...

https://www.courier-journal.com/restric ... 2334007%2F
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Butchertown Grocery - Decca

by Rich S » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:09 pm

Here's some of the story:

A collection of veteran Decca restaurateurs are teaming up to open a new concept in the long-empty Butchertown Grocery space at 1076 E. Washington St.

The restaurant, called "Decade," is a deliberate homage to Decca and is projected to open in May.

It's led by partners Chad Sheffield, one of Decca's owners for the last 12 years; Chef Matt Johnson, who has served as chef de cuisine at bar Vetti, chef de cuisine at Decca and sous chef at Proof on Main, and Chef Andy Myers, who was the executive chef at Decca after founding chef Annie Pettry left. Before that, he was the opening chef for Gralehaus and The Holy Grale.

The trio said when Decca closed in September, they decided they wanted to work together again. When the Butchertown Grocery space became available, they jumped on it. They initially considered keeping the name Decca but chose to go for a fresh start instead. ...

Decade will focus on "New American cuisine with Italian and French influences," according to Johnson. The restaurant's menu is still in development but will rotate seasonally, with a focus on fresh, local produce. Handmade pasta and vegetable-focused dishes will appear alongside more traditional steaks. ...

Decade will operate on the first floor of the building with 75 seats, while a private event space called B-Side will occupy the second floor. The team is still hiring for a beverage director to create a curated selection of craft cocktails, beer and a wine list.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:39 am

That’s fantastic news — Decca always was one of our favorite restaurants, and we were very sad that it closed.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:30 pm

Really sounds promising! I didn't get there often ... don't usually spend at that level when I'm not reviewing (and only occasionally when I am ;) ), but I'll definitely line up to try this.

Why are so many writers referring to restaurants as "concepts" these days, by the way? Is it only me, or is this trade jargon that's being overused?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:55 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Why are so many writers referring to restaurants as "concepts" these days, by the way? Is it only me, or is this trade jargon that's being overused?

When I hear about somebody talking about a concept for a restaurant or anything else my thoughts go to the fact that it's an idea they want to try and it may or may not last. If it lasts they probably will build another one or enlarge that one etc. but if it fails I will just go and try something else!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"