Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Good Belly Sandwich Shop

no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Good Belly Sandwich Shop

by Terri Beam » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:20 pm

Louisville has a new deli that, if reviews are accurate, is an authentic New York/Jewish deli. It's located in the Highlands (apparently was a food truck until about a month ago) in the Dundee Triangle. I've seen many folks on this site bemoan the lack of a good NY style or Jewish deli, so here you go.

https://www.goodbellylouisville.com/our-menu

https://www.facebook.com/goodbellyky

They have matzo ball soup and potato latkes! I can't wait to give them a try. They post some excellent food pr0n on their FB page.

https://www.goodbellylouisville.com/our-menu
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Good Belly Sandwich Shop

by Mark R. » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:29 pm

Interesting looking menu, have you seen anything about their prices? The menu doesn't have any prices on it.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:46 pm

Mark R. wrote:Interesting looking menu, have you seen anything about their prices? The menu doesn't have any prices on it.

I often find that the images in Google maps are good resource for when restaurants don’t list their menus. Prices are $14.75-16 for corned beef and pastrami.
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:30 am

Cannot wait to try their knish!!!! That is one of my most favorite street/comfort foods from back home & I would love to have a local place where I can indulge my knish needs!!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:30 am

Iggy C wrote:I often find that the images in Google maps are good resource for when restaurants don’t list their menus. Prices are $14.75-16 for corned beef and pastrami.

Iggy, I grabbed that menu shot from their FB page and did a little post processing. Let's see if I can get them uploaded here ... hmm, they're coming on very slowly. You should be able to click the links and bring them up at least.

Goodbellly menu1.jpg
Goodbelly menu 1
(505.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Gppdbelly menu2.jpg
Goodbelly menu 2
Gppdbelly menu2.jpg (299.95 KiB) Viewed 2523 times

Goodbelly menu3.jpg
Goodbelly menu 3
Goodbelly menu3.jpg (362.46 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:31 am

I've gotta say ... The food may be great, but "Hot ham and cheese" raises some serious questions about their authenticity. :shock:
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:51 pm

They said this in reply to a question (about doing a tongue sandwich) last week on Instagram:

goodbelly_ky
@raineyandgibbs not out of the realm of possibility. We’re definitely influenced by a NY Jewish deli but our core is a sandwich shop. Could end up as a special one day

So, not sure where the rumor about their being an authentic Jewish deli started, but that's not how they represent themselves.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:48 pm

My father lived in NYC for many years and thought egg creams were a gift from heaven. I just couldn't see it. Rest of the menu looks great.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:32 am

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:So, not sure where the rumor about their being an authentic Jewish deli started, but that's not how they represent themselves.

Good to know, Jeff. Thanks!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:34 am

Richard S. wrote:My father lived in NYC for many years and thought egg creams were a gift from heaven. I just couldn't see it. Rest of the menu looks great.

Egg creams are delicious, and curiously, they contain neither egg nor cream! :lol: