Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Top 1 Korean BBQ & Hotpot

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Top 1 Korean BBQ & Hotpot

by Rich S » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:31 am

Top 1 Korean BBQ & Hotpot plans to open at 1803 Bardstown Road, which I think is part of the former Bard's Town location. It doesn't seem to be part of a chain. The Facebook page says it will open "soon."

https://www.facebook.com/people/Top-1-K ... 802979691/

Louisville will apparently get another similar restaurant called KPOT that IS part of a chain. It looks like it will be in the shopping center on South Hurstbourne that also has Eggholic and Shreeji. KPOT already has a restaurant in Lexington.

https://thekpot.com/location/louisville ... ourne-pky/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Top 1 Korean BBQ & Hotpot

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:40 pm

Thanks for the updates, Rich! I've been binging Extraordinary Attorney Woo on Netflix, and it's got me craving Korean food. In fact, watch tomorrow's column for an update on a local source for kimbap, the only thing that Woo Young-Woo will eat!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:42 pm

PS: I'm pretty sure 1803 Bardstown is at the corner of Bardstown and Speed. My grandparents once lived in the big yellow brick house across Bardstown at Ivanhoe Court, and that building was right across the street. :D
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:32 pm

Top 1 Korean BBQ has its soft opening today (Jan. 12). This is an all-you-can-eat operation, so if you aren’t looking for a big meal this may not be the place for you. You can see the menu at this link: https://qrco.de/behPAC

Also, KPOT Korean BBQ & Hot Pot is supposed to open this spring at 1951 S. Hurstbourne Parkway (next to Eggholic). It’s very similar to Top 1, except that it’s part of a chain. I guess we’ll see if Louisville can support two all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ/hotpot restaurants.
User

TimT

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

West of the Mississippi

by TimT » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:05 am

Robin Garr wrote:I've been binging Extraordinary Attorney Woo on Netflix, and it's got me craving Korean food. In fact, watch tomorrow's column for an update on a local source for kimbap, the only thing that Woo Young-Woo will eat!

Love that show and I hope we get another season! Can't wait for your report on the local kimbap!
"I dined at my favorite restaurant last night. It was like Heaven, only better. They let me in".
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:12 am

TimT wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:I've been binging Extraordinary Attorney Woo on Netflix, and it's got me craving Korean food. In fact, watch tomorrow's column for an update on a local source for kimbap, the only thing that Woo Young-Woo will eat!

Love that show and I hope we get another season! Can't wait for your report on the local kimbap!

Tim, I haven't had a chance to get out to the far East End yet, but just in case you're referring to the earlier post near the start of that thread, I did give a full report:
https://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/stre ... rean-crave

I'd also love a second season of Attorney Woo!