Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Come on Macca's

no avatar
User

JimmyShaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:30 am

Come on Macca's

by JimmyShaw » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 am

Maybe it's being a little too critical but is it that hard to proof read your menus before they go to print. Turkey Joe's freshly made "Deserts" have already been mentioned. Then I just check out the drinks on Macca's menu and find that they use both "Madori" and "DeKuper". Are these some cheaper black market alternatives to the real thing?
We'll still be out tonight to see if you guys are a little more attentive to the food than writing the menu. I'll be the one decked out in Calbert Klein clothes and might even be sporting a Folex.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Come on Macca's

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:44 pm

JimmyShaw wrote:I'll be the one decked out in Calbert Klein clothes and might even be sporting a Folex.

:lol:
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:10 pm

I guess maybe I'm not as critical of the grammar on the menu as I am other aspects of a restaurant. While I agree menus should be checked prior to publishing little errors like this don't bother me. I'm much more concerned with the menus content, quality of food, quality of service, price and cleanliness.

Now if I was interviewing some one to be a writer, secretary or whenever I might be more concerned about grammar but in this case I think they just give me more of a chuckle. 8)
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Menue's

by Doogy R » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:14 pm

I've saw sum upskale places has typos on ther onlawn menues. Peeple ar flawerd frum berth. Purrfektion izn't for humans beans. I yam abowt the fude, ambinence and quawlty recivered four dollar spaint. Sew sumeone can;t tipe. I never did learned howl too and know I have a descent gig on the IT feeld. :wink:
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:39 pm

Jimmy,

While I've made mistakes myself, I will admit that I consider multiple mistakes in a menu (which costs a decent amount to print) to be indicative/forewarning of a lack of attention in other areas in a restaurant. My exception to this is ethnic eateries, as I assume they may not have the knowledge to proof-read it correctly.

Deb
no avatar
User

JimmyShaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:30 am

by JimmyShaw » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:45 am

Exactly Deb. If you truly want to have a nice place, one of the pieces of the puzzle cannot be missing. I'm a Computer Engineer so I certainly am not known for my grammar but glaring mistakes stick out like a sore thumb, especially when it's about booze!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Menue's

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Doogy R wrote:I never did learned howl too and know I have a descent gig on the IT feeld. :wink:

Would you feel the same if you were <i>hiring</i> an IT professional and got a resume full of spelling errors? Or might you conclude - as some of us do about restaurant menus and wine lists - hints at a less than desirable tendency to let the small things slide?
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:I never did learned howl too and know I have a descent gig on the IT feeld. :wink:

Would you feel the same if you were <i>hiring</i> an IT professional and got a resume full of spelling errors? Or might you conclude - as some of us do about restaurant menus and wine lists - hints at a less than desirable tendency to let the small things slide?

Uhm, this is called humor. Others use it on this board as well. Puleeze.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Doogy R wrote:Uhm, this is called humor. Others use it on this board as well. Puleeze.

Humor is sort of like cooking. It's best done by experts. :twisted:
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Uhm, this is called humor. Others use it on this board as well. Puleeze.

Humor is sort of like cooking. It's best done by experts. :twisted:

Then there sure are a lot of rank amateurs on this board. :roll:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Doogy R wrote:Then there sure are a lot of rank amateurs on this board. :roll:

Oh, I wouldn't say a <i>lot</i>, Doogy. ;)
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Then there sure are a lot of rank amateurs on this board. :roll:

Oh, I wouldn't say a <i>lot</i>, Doogy. ;)

I'm dropping it with this. Just remember that every pro, no matter what walk of life, was a rank amateur at one time. Sure wish we had a better choice of emoticons.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:40 pm

Doogy R wrote:I'm dropping it with this.

Quite prudent of you.

Just remember that every pro, no matter what walk of life, was a rank amateur at one time. Sure wish we had a better choice of emoticons.

Okayfine. We're not talking about professionalism, though, but about having a sense of humor. Your response to my original reply to your post demonstrates to my satisfaction (and, I think, to everyone else's) that you are severely impaired in this department.

In other words, I was just funnin' with you. :) But your serial responses frankly tell me a little more about you than I really wanted to know.
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

by Neal M » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:17 pm

Did you hear about the new comedy club that will feature amatures for all shows? It's supposed to be opening soon in St Matthews....... right near the old Sears, and, the place that used to be called Cafe Emily, and, the place that is soon to be the old BW's and will soon be the new Molly's right near the place that once was Maiers but is now Brendans. Sorry but with all this talk about humor I just couldn't help myself :lol: