Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Papa John's Selling Corporate Headquarters

by Mark R. » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:20 pm

Not that it directly affects the Louisville restaurant scene but it is interesting for its food in Louisville goes. Papa John's just announced they were selling their corporate headquarters off of Blankenbaker Parkway. He said it no longer fit their needs. No announcement on where they are relocating to but I'm guessing a good bet would be Atlanta since I already moved some of the corporate functions there a couple of years ago.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Papa John's Selling Corporate Headquarters

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:01 pm

The initial word was that after sending around half of the staff to Atlanta, the campus was twice as big as needed, and they were looking for something with a smaller footprint to stay in Louisville.

No idea if true or not, but that was the story.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:41 pm

I used to work next door to their HQ. They spent a fortune on landscaping the sides facing Bluegrass Parkway and Tucker Station. I'm concerned about who is going to maintain that and the waterfalls. If they sell off the production facility too, that might be a hard sale to make. Who has that kind of money to buy that large a property these days?
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:21 am

Admin costs for that vanity project campus are huge. Maybe they can get Jtown to pick it up as a park.

GG
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:44 pm

Gary Guss wrote:Admin costs for that vanity project campus are huge. Maybe they can get Jtown to pick it up as a park.

GG

Funny that Popa John never had any problems with the cost etc. until he ran him off! I personally think it's 1 of the worst thing ever happened to that company and from everything I've heard it was basically something taken out of context.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"