Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Mirage Express Mediterranean Restaurant

by Rich S » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:47 pm

Mirage Express opened last week at 4000 Dutchmans Lane, replacing Peking City Express, and I checked it out on Saturday. In addition to its regular menu (kabobs, shawarma, etc.) it had a steam table with a half-dozen daily specials, including Moroccan chicken (which I wound up getting), lamb with orzo, vegetable stew with eggplant and a ground beef dish. The woman working there was very nice; she offered me samples of the specials before I ordered, and gave me some free baklava with my food.

I’m not very familiar with Mediterranean food, so I can’t say how authentic the Moroccan chicken was, but I enjoyed it and will go back to try more of the menu. My order cost $15 and included the chicken, rice, a side salad and pita bread. It was easily enough food for dinner and then lunch the next day.

Mirage Express has a few tables if you want to eat there, but I think it’s primarily a carry-out operation. It’s connected with the Mirage restaurant on Preston Highway and seems to have the same menu.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Mirage- ... 365794353/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Mirage Express Mediterranean Restaurant

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:35 pm

I'm sorry to see Peking City Express go, but Mirage sounds good. Thanks as always for the report, Rich!