Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

El Sinaloense Fern Valley Road

by Terri Beam » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:18 pm

I spied this new Mexican/seafood restaurant on Fern Valley Road (just west of Shepherdsville Road) in a rather unimpressive strip mall (was previously home to an Irish bar of some sort). The menu is extensive and has some things I rarely see, along with standard Mexican fare for Louisville. There are two person dishes like Trompo Al Pastor that look very interesting. There's a pirate ship full of seafood, multiple types of Ceviche, various kinds of seafood soup, and something called Charola Culichi which is a huge pile of shrimp, snapper, and more.

One wouldn't expect such an upscale menu in this location (some of the multi-person dishes are pretty pricey), so I plan to check it out asap. If the food is as good as the menu, foodies should flock to this place. If you're a fan of octopus and can't find it in Louisville, it's on the menu here.

Whoops. Forgot to include the link to their website: https://elsinaloenseky.wixsite.com/el-sinaloense-ky
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: El Sinaloense Fern Valley Road

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:52 pm

Thanks, Terri! Sounds like a good one to check out!
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: El Sinaloense Fern Valley Road

by Iggy C » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:06 pm

That place looks great! It’d be fun to see a comparison between Sinaloense and New Vallarta, which is another seafood-focused Mexican spot nearby on Preston — like, who has the best seafood tower or shrimp cocktail.